We are pleased to announce that we have been audited and been found to meet the criteria to become a member of the Steel Construction Sustainability Charter. The objective of the charter is to develop steel as a sustainable form of construction in terms of economic viability, social progress and environmental responsibility.
By becoming a member of the Charter we endorse the objectives of:-
- Developing steel as a sustainable construction material
- Operate our business in an efficient and financially sustainable way
- Work toward increasing efficiency of resources and energy by promoting recovery, reuse and recycling of steel
- Operate in a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Demonstrate social responsibility by promoting respect for people and communities associated with our business
- To optimise the impact of our manufacturing activities on the eco-efficiency of steel construction through its life cycle
- Conduct business with high ethical standards in our dealings with staff, clients, suppliers and community.
- Build and share our knowledge of sustainability with others including our supply chain
A copy of our certificate can be found on our “Accreditations” website page and further details of the Steel Construction Sustainability Charter on www.steelconstruction.org